Wow, It is hard to believe our time in Murmansk is almost over. We have had a great time meeting students, working with English classes, sharing about our faith. Please pray that the relationships we are building with students and faculty will blossom into more and more opportunities for us to tell them about our Savior. I can already see a change in the relationship with the faculty as we have now been in the university several times. Pray that barriers will be broken down and that as they hear us talk about Christ more and more that the Holy Spirit will draw them near and convict them of their need.
We met yesterday afternoon with the pastor of the local Baptist church. We presented two opportunities I asked him to pray about. First was the possibility of being a sponsor for Community Bible Study in Murmansk, the second was having his church host some English as a Foreign Language classes next year. I tell you, this guy would make a great poker player, because I left not having the faintest idea of what he thought about our proposal! He at least agreed to pray about this and to be in contact with us later. PLEASE pray that he will be open to the Holy Spirit, and for Gods will to be done in this matter. Please pray for a Christian bond to develop between us.
We have a few more meetings this afternoon, then a good nights rest (hopefully) and off to Moscow. There we will meet our friends at the seminary, and hopefully also get to attend part of a conference on church planting. Please pray for safety of travel and stamina (man, I am tired!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful time in Murmansk! God has blessed you two in an incredible way. The seeds that you have planted will grow for generations. We do lift up your specific requests: "a man of peace" to continue the work, our Baptist pastor friend, the faithful in Kola, those from the rehab center, the two of you for strength, good health and safety.
I'm also praying for your Moscow trip. May God allow you opportunities to share with old friends and new friends. Whether it be in taxi cabs or the theater (your favorite place) may God use you to share the GOOD NEWS of the wonderful gift He has given us in Jesus!
Looking forward to pictures and words when you return.
Blessings,
Jim
praying for 'poker face' and your relationship with him
Tim and Caleb,
I am praying for you. Not only for changed lives in Russia but for you also. I look forward to hearing the details on your return.
In Christ, John
Post a Comment