Tuesday, December 4, 2007

In the home stretch

Well, we have only about a day and a half left. This morning we were sharing with university students, and had a great discussion about God. The students thought it was strange that in our homeschool we start each day with prayer and Bible study. They asked why do you pray and read the Bible (forgive the punctuation, I can not find the question mark or apostrophe on this keyboard!). We had a great opportunity to share why we believe in Christ and the importance of reading the Bible each day. Please pray for us to have more questions like this which give us the opportunity to share.

I met the director of international relations at another university here in town today. He is very open to us coming to his university and having a similar relationship with the English department there. These contacts are invaluable as we seek to build relationships with students in Murmansk, and to share the love of Christ with them.

One of the things we have discussed with students is that, at the end of the day, people everywhere are the same. We share the same stuggles, hopes, and dreams. We all have to put our hope in something or somebody. I am praying that the people of Murmansk will put their hope in Christ. As you have encouraged me and Caleb on this trip, I want to encourage you to find someone in your sphere of influence who needs to put their hope in the only One who will never fail them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tim,

I have been praying for you this week. It is great seeing how God is using you and Caleb in Murmansk. You will remain in our prayers as we pray for opportunities to sow seeds of Christ, changed lives, and safety on your travel home.

I look forward to catching up with you on your return.

In Christ,

John Lewis

Tim said...

Tim and Caleb,
Thanks for keeping us updated on your opportunities.
We are praying for you guys.
Enjoy the light of day while you have it.
So cool about Caleb meeting a fellow skater and you guys seeing your Kola friends at the BC.
Praying for more open doors!
S'Bogum

Jim said...

Tim and Caleb-
Praise God for the work you are doing. One day, on "the other side," I believe that God will allow us to see all the fruits of our labors for Him. May your fruits be overflowing.

I've been praying the Murmansk version of Isaiah 60:1-5 for you and your work this week.

1 "Arise, shine Murmansk; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
2 "For behold, darkness will cover the earth and deep darkness the peoples;
But the LORD will rise upon you, Murmansk and His glory will appear upon you.
3 "Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
4 "Lift up your eyes round about and see;
They all gather together, they come to you, Murmansk.
Your sons will come from afar,
And your daughters will be carried in the arms.
5 "Then you, Murmansk will see and be radiant for the Kingdom, and your heart will thrill and rejoice;
Because the abundance of the sea will be turned to you,
The wealth of the nations will come to you.

Isaiah 60:1-5
(Please pardon the liberties taken to add location to the passage. They help me make the prayer more specific.)

May the nations look to Murmansk one day as a beacon for His Light!

Blessings,
Jim

Anonymous said...

Hey are you ready to come home? i thought it was cold here today but I guess not....according to where you are!
Caleb I know you will not soon forget your experience there and I know Dad will take you whenever he can ...but I want you to be able to tell us when you get back to us what the most important thing you learned was and what you missed the most.
When I think about the Mormans being there for 2 years and their commitment I am very sad that you could only stay a week BUT I can't imagine what it would be like for your Mom if you did!
I know that god is pleased with your efforts it all just shows how hard the enemy must work against the power of God and the relationships of genuine people.
See you soon...still praying.